Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Check!

I’ve completed my summer internship! Can you believe it? I still have a few reports to submit to UNC but my work with the PNA has sadly come to a close. The team still has a lot of data analysis and report writing ahead of them but I do feel that I made a solid contribution during my practicum this summer. I know that I learned a lot and I am certain that my experiences from supporting the Kenya PNA will benefit my work on CapacityPlus and beyond.

I’ve been taking it easy the past few days. I finished painting six beautiful oak dining room chairs for my condo – with primer and two coats of paint each, it is like I painted 18 chairs! It was more work than I bargained for but I’m so proud of the finished product. I have the bug to decorate and I’m eager to get back into my home in Chapel Hill.

Tomorrow I’m heading to Canada for a much needed vacation. Word cannot describe how excited I am for this trip! My friend Chris and I are going to Ottawa, Montreal, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. I’m ready to explore in relax in all of these places unseen. So far, my Canadian travels have been limited to Toronto and Vancouver. I’m keyed up about Tim Hortons, exploring the streets of Montreal, whale watching at the coast and kayaking! It sounds like a dream vacation and Chris has done an excellent job planning out adventure. I can’t wait for that cooler air too!

Before you know it I’ll be writing about starting up my work on CapacityPlus – some new exciting things are coming our way so stay tuned! I am going to be supporting some new and very cool work surrounding nursing education! In the mean time, soon you can check out IntraHealth’s website for a guest blog by yours truly. (www.intrahealth.org)

School too will be back in session next month. In fact I plan to take a course at the Odum Institute before classes even start so I’m getting a jumpstart (inspired by my data analysis on the PNA). Stay tuned friends – I have so much more to write about, ay!

1 comment: