Monday, August 23, 2010

The beginning of the end...

I can't believe how time flies. A year ago, I nervously went through the motions of my UNC-CH Masters program orientation. I met professors and classmates who would soon become mentors and best friends. I timidly weaved my way around the public health buildings and health sciences library. Just one year later, I am on the other side, helping first year students with their orientation. It is a surreal feeling to be back in school and preparing for my final year at the Gillings School of Global Public Health. It feels like I wrestled with the thought of graduate school for years and then spent time studying for the GRE and perfecting my application. Now, here I am, the beginning of the end of it all. I'm excited and eager for that type of learning and stimulation that you get from a room full of classmates with so much knowledge and experience. I can't wait to reconnect with my friends who have been all over the world this summer doing internships but have now returned to Chapel Hill to finish up this adventure with me. I've never felt so motivated, which I think is partly due to how much I love my work at IntraHealth on CapacityPlus. I'm ready and set to go - 264 days until graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment