Monday, October 18, 2010

Henry

I am two days from Fall Break - and I need a break or I'm going to fall down. The pace of grad school has really picked up the last few weeks and that balance of work, school and life is getting harder to achieve. For the most part, I've been able to stay positive and certainly motivated.

Last week I traveled to Washington, DC to meet with some of our partners at the World Bank and my CapacityPlus colleagues. I also attended a USAID DELIVER critical issues series on human resources for health and supply chain management. If this seems like a foreign language, stay tuned. My project blog on the meeting will be going live any day now!

As my schedule has ramped up, the temperatures have cooled down and Chapel Hill is slowly starting to turn from green to electric yellow, orange and red. Fall is by far my favorite season - I always savor those pumpkin lattes at Starbucks, pulling out my tall boots and that night you first need to get out the extra blanket. I am promising myself to slow down, take deep breaths and take it all in. Life is really that precious.

And speaking of life, I have the best news to share. My best friend Ben and his wife Ginny welcomed their adorable son Henry Arthur Marks yesterday. I am savoring every detail of the pictures and can't wait to meet this little man. Ben is my oldest and dearest friend - who is now a daddy! Congratulations to the proud, new parents! Vintage photos below! Henry photos to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment