Monday, January 10, 2011

DC Highlights

Last week I traveled to our nation's capital for four days of work with my CapacityPlus colleagues and World Bank collaborators. The week flew by but a few highlights include:
  • Really, I mean really, great synergy with my team including new hire Shaun Noronha. If this is what my "life post grad school" will be, then I have a lot to look forward to. And I have a lot of work to do!
  • Meeting my boss's adorable newborn daughter and spending more time with her equally precious toddler.
  • Seeing my old college friend Leslie - she is just awesome and I love spending time with her!
  • Grand tour of the World Bank. You have to see it to believe it!
  • One-on-one lunch with the former World Bank Chief Health Advisor who my team is doing a lot of exciting work with this coming year. What a plethora of experience and knowledge!
  • Food! All in a week, my dinners covered the globe (Indian, French and Italian. Yum!)

This week it is down back to Earth. Classes started today - my last first day of class. I had Swahili but the bummer was that my RH seminar was cancelled tonight and my Globalization class tomorrow has been cancelled. Adverse weather forced these cancellations. I'm disappointed but I have a whole semester ahead to make up for these cancellations. I bet in a few weeks I'll be praying for some snow to cancel a class or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment