Monday, September 6, 2010

Baby times three and all about me!



Labor day weekend has come and gone, all too quickly! I spent some quality time with friends, family and myself. It was nice to have some time to reflect on the past few days in which I attended a three day workshop for my MCH Leadership Consortium training. The workshop was all about me - each attendee focused on themselves and their unique, natural qualities that make them a good leader. The trainees used the standby MBTI as well as some other personality and style indicator type tests. I am a proud ENFJ (not a shocker) and scored pretty high on the FIRO-B. In short, I am a people person who is intuitive, likes to make plans and is outgoing, enthusiastic and friendly. There are about 20 pages of reports that go into more detail but all of this "me" stuff will help me learn how I work best as a leader. Pretty cool stuff.

I have to say that I am so inspired by the wonderful people involved in the MCH Leadership Consortium. This experience is kicking off to be one of my best grad school experiences so far and I feel so privileged to have been accepted to participate in this training and learn from my instructors and my distinguished cohort. We come from all different backgrounds at UNC and beyond but I feel like already, we have a supportive foundation in each other. Pretty cool stuff!

Let me end this blog by telling you about the wonderful journey I made Sunday with my mother to meet three very special little boys - Austin, Currin and Lee McLamb (see photos at top). They were born July 14 - two months early. These little guys are identical triplets and are too precious! Austin and Currin are getting adjusted to life at home with big sister Lilly and Lee is still in the NICU fighting away intestinal bad guys. He is doing well though and like his brothers, has captivated my heart. Elizabeth, their mother, is one of the bravest and most extraordinary women I've ever met. She has the best attitude and is a strong and loving mother to her four children. "Lizzie" and I went to high school and college together and she is just so amazing, I want to get the girl on Oprah! You can read all about them at Elizabeth's excellent and well written blog - http://multiplemclambs.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment